Posted in Uncategorized

Grunge

Staff

This week Andy Hagyard and  I have been fixing up meetings with staff who teach and support student learning. It is important to meet with colleagues who are working directly with students to discuss the implications and consequences of Student as Producer,  and how it works as a form of pedagogic practice. We hope to get to meet with staff from across the whole University by February of next year.

Students

I have also been meeting with students who want to join us in the design and delivery of Student as Producer. So far, all the students have come from computing. They like the poster. They said it looks  ‘Grunge’. For an explanation about the design of the poster see Art and Design blog above.

I have just made contact with  a load of students from Performing Arts and hope to meet with them next week.  Dan D and Mark for the SU have already sent me some names. Karin Crawford is sorting out a list  from HLSS.  Sarah Barrow is going to try and get about ten undergraduates from MHT, across all levels.  This is a key issue for the project. If we don’t get students involved in the first stage of planning then there is no Student as Producer.