Student as Producer Conference 2013
The Student as Producer Conference 2013: 26th — 27th of June
Student as Producer aims to establish research-engaged teaching and learning at an institutional level as the organising principle of the University and the basis for all curriculum development and review.
Student as Producer was funded by the Higher Education Academy through 2013.
To mark the end of the funded period of the project, we held a conference on the 26th and 27th of June 2013. This event provided an opportunity to showcase project activities and outcomes, as well as sharing the experiences of colleagues nationally and internationally who are engaged in similar work. At the core of this work lies the ambition to re-engineer the relationship between research and teaching, and between staff and students.
Presentations from the conference, including videos of the keynotes, and the’live blog’ of the event, are available from the conference website
You can also read the formal conference report, presented to the University of Lincoln Education Committee
- Curriculum design to embed discovery-led, research-based approaches to learning
- Enhancing student engagement through meaningful participation in quality processes
- Conceptual interpretations of student engagement
- Students as producers of the world they will live in: social justice and social enterprise
- Organisational change to re-engineer the relationship between students and staff
- Recovering the meaning and purpose of higher education: “the idea of the University”